List:       subversion-users
Subject:    Re: Importing code between SVN repositories, want to retain set SVN properties
From:       Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2010a () ryandesign ! com>
Date:       2010-01-28 2:25:49

On Jan 27, 2010, at 18:29, Alan Leung wrote:

> We are importing code from a vendor SVN repository into a branch in our
> SVN repository.  If necessary we may make changes to this code and merge
> with future releases of the vendor code.
>
> During this import, we are trying to retain the SVN properties (e.g.
> svn:ignore, svn:keywords, svn:eol-style) in the copy in our SVN
> repository.  The svn import command skips .svn directories during import
> into our SVN repository (despite setting --no-ignore flag).

Yes, there's no way to do that with "svn import".

I doubt you have admin access to the vendor repository, but if you do, or can get the \
admins to help you, you can "svnadmin dump" their repo and "svnadmin load" it into \
yours. If you don't care to have their whole history, you can just get the HEAD \
revision.

This only helps for the initial import, however. Not sure how you would obtain future \
updates from their repository and retain properties.