List:       subversion-users
Subject:    Re: svn platform dependence
From:       kmradke () rockwellcollins ! com
Date:       2008-03-31 14:27:32

"Anoop kumar V" <anoopkumarv@gmail.com> wrote on 03/29/2008 10:15:43 PM:
> Thanks - but under "CollabNet Subversion Command Line Client for Sun
Solaris
> 10 (SPARC)" it says:
>
> "Pre-requisite: you need administrative privileges to install and
uninstall
> CollabNet Subversion"
>
> Is that correct - do I need admin privileges to install just the client?

Yes, the Collabnet versions install to the "standard" unix paths, which
require admin privs.  I recommended to their support team to allow
a selectable installation directory for the client, but they didn't
see enough interest at the time.

I didn't create these, but have found them useful from time to time:
(Pretty much static client builds for solaris sparc/x86 and linux.  A
little
 old at 1.4.3, but might fit your needs)

http://www.uncc.org/svntools/clients/

Kevin R.