List:       subversion-users
Subject:    RE:   merging svn and nonsvn copies
From:       "Reedick, Andrew" <jr9445 () ATT ! COM>
Date:       2008-03-31 14:02:17

1) Create X-branch.
2) Export from X-branch and send tar to X.
3) Get updated code back from X.
4) Check updated code into branch X.
5) Merge from branch X into your working copy/branch.

Plan B:
Make X install subversion so that he can do/export his own work on the X
branch in a workspace.  (I'm guessing that X is using a different
version
control system?)  In theory 'svn co' and 'svn ci' are easier/lazier than
dealing with 'svn export' and tar files. The only downside occurs when X
balks at having to merge your changes into his workspace (i.e. 'svn
update' creates a conflict.)

SVN is pretty lightweight (at least on the Windows side) and should
coexists easily with another version control system.

*****

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is \
addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any \
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in \
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended \
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and \
delete the material from all computers. GA621