List:       subversion-dev
Subject:    =?US-ASCII?Q?Re=3A_Testsuite=3A_svntest=2Eactions=2Erun=5Fand?= =?US-ASCII?Q?=5Fverify=5Flog=5Fxml_w
From:       Julian Foad <julian () foad ! me ! uk>
Date:       2022-01-27 22:01:30

That looks like it would work and the proposal sounds ok=2E Comments:
- Is there precedent for an optional log message in nearby methods? If so,=
 make it consistent=2E
- I would use 'None' as the argument default value, and change the test to=
 'if logmsg is None:' (literally), so the caller is able to set an empty me=
ssage if they want to;
- As an alternative possible approach, did you see if the xml output match=
ing function you are using can accept regular expression matching? Many of =
our matching functions in the test suite can, but I didn't look at this=2E

Anyway I'd support a change like this even if regex matching the output is=
 an alternative=2E

- Julian
- Julian