List:       subversion-dev
Subject:    Re: SVN 1.14.1 slightly broken on Windows for working copies in drive root?
From:       Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-09-30 9:53:16

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 11:24 AM Thomas Singer
<thomas.singer@syntevo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a working copy of the SVN repository at D:\src\svn. With SVN
> 1.14.1 binaries I'm getting following status output
>
> D:\src\svn>svn.exe status -u
> Status against revision: 1893746
>
> When I create a 'substed' drive G: for that directory using
>
> D:\src\svn>subst g: D:\src\svn
>
> D:\src\svn>g:
>
> I'm getting following output (note the exclamation mark):
>
> G:\>C:\temp\svn\svn.exe status -u
> !          1892650   .
> Status against revision: 1893746
>
> Is this a known/already fixed regression?

Yes, this is a known issue. However it's not a bug in Subversion, but
in APR 1.7.x. If you use APR 1.6.5 you'll see the problem will no
longer occur.

It has been reported here some time ago ("Subversion reports status
fault on substituted drive"):
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/4797303a065e9c1091bbf445acaa3121ccb27ac2d661eb0debd1cf40%40%3Cdev.subversion.apache.org%3E

It has also been brought to the dev@apr list, where it has been
discussed somewhat, but so far without conclusion:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r28e478074055436b27b13f7487203448079aea5adfe4207007ad7ea9%40%3Cdev.apr.apache.org%3E

--
Johan