List:       subversion-dev
Subject:    Re: svn commit: r24721 - trunk/tools/server-side
From:       Peter Samuelson <peter () p12n ! org>
Date:       2007-04-28 9:02:31

[Malcolm Rowe]
> Good point.  I guess the only ways to solve this properly are:
>=20
> a. Remove the LastChangedDate keyword from this file,
> b. Restrict the LastChangedDate to US English/ASCII (yuk), or
> c. Provide some way to inform Subversion about the encoding of the file.

My, how time flies - I brought this issue up just over a year ago:

  http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2006-04/0730.shtml

in the local _encoding_.  This is inconsistent - it should either do
both or do neither.  My patch to do both is trivial, but Branko didn't
like it; a patch to do neither would be somewhat more intrusive.