List:       subversion-dev
Subject:    Re: Downloads page (Was: Subversion 1.3.0 Release Candidate 4 released.)
From:       David James <james () cs ! toronto ! edu>
Date:       2005-11-30 17:37:38

On 11/30/05, C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato@collab.net> wrote:> On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 16:50 +0100, Paul de Vrieze wrote:>> > From a gentoo (read source distro) perspective, it is important that files> > don't change and have their version numbers in the filename.>> Oh, I think you misunderstood me.  I don't want to actually version the> release tarballs -- just the directory that contains them on the> website.  And we can even use full URLs in> the /trunk/www/download/index.html instead of relative ones so that> folks browsing that file in their tarball explosing or working copy can> still use the links to the tarballs.Sounds fabulous, then. +1
Cheers,
David
--David James -- http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~james