List:       subversion-dev
Subject:    retrieving revision properties with svn log
From:       Steffen Pingel <steffenp () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-03-14 19:21:19

Hi,

I am looking for a possible solutions to implementing subversion support for
StatCvs (http://statcvs-xml.berlios.de). StatCvs generates statistics based
on the cvs log that contains the number of added and removed lines per
revision.

I think adding a commit hook that calculates the line deltas for each file
using 'svn diff' and storing them in an unversioned property is not a big
deal.

The problem is retrieving a property for each revision later on, in order to
analyze them. As far as I understand the "svn propget --revprop -r x" call,
it is only possible to retrieve a single value at a time. Whereas I would
like to get the value for all revisions with a single call (something like
"svn propget --revprop -r x:y").

The better solution however would be to include the properties in the "svn
log" output as StatCvs needs the log output anyways.

Maybe a switch could be added to "svn log" command like "--props foo,bar" to
include a set of properties in the output.

Before I start hacking the code I would like to know if anybody can think of a
better way to store and retrieve values for each revision?

Steffen

PS: This problem has been discuessed before without a solution:
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-03/1389.shtml

--
Steffen Pingel - steffenp@gmx.de - http://steffenpingel.de