List:       subversion-dev
Subject:    Re: r11557
From:       "Peter N. Lundblad" <peter () famlundblad ! se>
Date:       2004-10-31 18:52:18

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Philip Martin wrote:

> "Peter N. Lundblad" <peter@famlundblad.se> writes:
>
> > In 1.1.x/STATUS philip asks how to check if this works. There is a recipe
> > in issue 1905 that could be used. You just have to merge the addition of a
> > file with spaces in its name and check the copyfrom URL.
> >
> Oh, I know how to do it, I was just being awkward to make a point.  If
> someone cares enough about a bug to fix it then writing a regression
> test ensures that it stays fixed.

This is a good point and all that, and I really could get better at
writing regression tests. I don't think, however, that this belongs in the
STATUS file for the branch, but on the list. Also, it is a more general
question. We have many bug fixes that go in without test cases being
written.

Regards,
//Peter