List:       subclipse-users
Subject:    [Subclipse-users] Issue performing updates on repositories with circular links in windows.
From:       "nick () proctors ! co ! uk" <nick () Proctors ! co ! uk>
Date:       2012-10-12 10:48:30

I have recently updated to the 1.8 site (from 1.6) and am now experiencing an issue \
when performing commands on working copies which contain a link back to themselves \
(these are windows "links", which are the equivalent of a symlink) The update or \
commit completes, but progress remains at 100% with the job not finishing until I get \
the following in the log file (and an out of memory error)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2012-10-12 09:33:39.584
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "SVN Update".
!STACK 0
	at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.String.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.Win32FileSystem.resolve(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.File.listFiles(Unknown Source)
	at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.status.StatusUpdateStrategy.processUnversionedFolder(StatusUpdateStrategy.java:96)
  at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.status.StatusUpdateStrategy.processUnversionedFolder(StatusUpdateStrategy.java:104)
  at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.status.StatusUpdateStrategy.processUnversionedFolder(StatusUpdateStrategy.java:104)
  at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.status.StatusUpdateStrategy.processUnversionedFolder(StatusUpdateStrategy.java:104)
  at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.status.StatusUpdateStrategy.processUnversionedFolder(StatusUpdateStrategy.java:104)

The 1.6 site didn't exhibit this behaviour.
The circular link is on the svn ignore list and is created with the command,
"mklink /D foldername ."
It is also excluded from the eclipse buildpath

Any help on how I can stop subclipse from (I presume) keep processing this circular \
link would be much appreciated. Nick Downton