List:       subclipse-users
Subject:    [Subclipse-users] Subclipse setup issue?
From:       Joshua Taylor <oldman.taylor () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-01-20 23:00:33

I have recently setup a subversion repository on my home FreeBSD box that
allows external access via ssh tunneling. Instead of adding individual user
accounts for each user, I have created a single svn user and supply the
respective private rsa keys in .ssh/authorized_keys file. The command I use
is as follows:

// From svn user .ssh/authorized_keys file
command="svnserve -t --root=/home/svn/repositories/blah --tunnel-user=<user
name here>",
no-port-forwarding,no-agent-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-pty ssh-rsa <key
goes here>

I have tested access for each of the users on my laptop via TortoiseSVN as
well as from FlexBuilder 3 with subclipse. I have not experienced any
problems with the current setup. However, I have distributed one of the
private keys to a friend of mine who needs to access the repository. He is
able to access the repository with putty/TortoiseSVN (same setup as mine, I
walked him through it). However, after we installed FlexBuilder3 and
installed subclipse, he attempted to import a project from the repository.
Unfortunately, he has been unable to successfully do this as he continually
receives the following errors:

org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: The system cannot find the
file specified.
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Can't create tunnel: The system cannot find the file specified.

We have copied the url from the TortoiseSVN repobrowser
(svn+ssh://svn@svn/trunk/project);
however, we continually hit the same problem over and over again. Since he
is able to view the repository from TortoiseSVN, and with the same setup, I
am able to view it from Subclipse... I'm beginning to believe we have missed
a step while setting up Subclipse on his machine. Any insight on what might
be the issue behind this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Josh