List:       subclipse-users
Subject:    Re: [Subclipse-users] Files from another repository
From:       vizion <david () atf4 ! com>
Date:       2007-08-24 18:09:12

Ok
Guys got to the bottom of this.

Things were happening that way because no one had told me the archive
recovery system incorporates a script (written by someone without any
documentation!!!) that automatically recovered the .svn files and
re-inserted them from a second archive when it expanded and imported the
primary archive (from which the svn files had been removed)!!! When I looked
at the script source I found it could be run with a  "--no-svn" parameter to
get the archive recovered cleanly without the versioning.

There was clearly more to it than I or anyone else could have possibly
realized. My apologies for being so ***** off __> All I can say is that
there are over 6.000 files in the archive and their recovery (after the
fire) was critical - the stress was getting to me.

Once the script was run correctly there were no further problems in the
import routine.

Apologies

david