List:       subclipse-users
Subject:    New User Question
From:       "Douglas McCorison" <dmccorison () invoqsystems ! com>
Date:       2004-08-30 18:33:33

Folks,
	I'm just trying to startup using Subclipse.  I have handled most
of the install issues (using Eclipse 3.0 and Subclipse 0.9.16).  My
operating system is Windows 2K Pro.  I have installed the "workaround"
DLLs.  Everything appears fine until I try to connect to our repository.
The repository is on a system running Linux and Subversion 1.0.5.  When
I try to create a new repository location, I get an error every time.
It gives the following error box:

Error validating location:
"org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: The
system cannot find the file specified.
"

Keep location anyway?

After some reading in the mailing list archives, I thought that it might
be a version mis-match, so I went back to Eclipse 2.1.3 and Subclise for
that which was suppsed to work with Subversion 1.0.5.  Unfortunately, I
had the same results there.  I am able to use Tortise SVN to access the
repository from my desktop, so the URL is correct.  I did a copy/paste
to be sure, with the same results.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you in advance,
Douglas McCorison