List:       subclipse-dev
Subject:    Re: [Subclipse-dev] subclipse rpm
From:       Andrew Vaughan <ajv-lists () netspace ! net ! au>
Date:       2006-04-29 4:50:07

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 02:08, Mark Phippard wrote:
> Andrew Vaughan <ajv-lists@netspace.net.au> wrote on 04/28/2006 11:59:53
>
> AM:
> > In Debian the svnjavahl.jar should be removed from subclipse, subclipse
> > should use the svn-javahl.jar from the subversion packages.  (Only one
> > package should ship a library, so (hopefully) only one package needs to
>
> be
>
> > rebuilt to fix a security bug).
>
> Does Debian handle the Subclipse requirement of Subversion 1.3 in this
> scenario?

the subclipse package would need to depend on an appropriate version of
libsvn-javahl ( libsvn-javahl >= 1.3.0-1 )

> Doesn't this require someone that wants to use JavaSVN to install
> Subversion anyway?

libsvn-javahl depends on libsvn0, which is only 1323k.  Unless subclipse is
the subversion tool they are installing, they will need libsvn0 anyway.

Note that JavaSVN should also be packaged separately from subclipse.  In an
ideal world (from a package perspective), subclipse would depend on either
javahl or javasvn, not both.

> How does the JavaHL JAR file get into the plugin.

I'm not sure.  I don't know enough about what requirements eclipse places on
plugins in this regard.

If it needs to be in a particular directory then, as Ben suggested, probably
a symlink.  Patching eclipse to look in /usr/share/java and/or subclipse to
look for /usr/share/java/svn-javahl.jar might also be possible.

Andrew