List:       subclipse-dev
Subject:    Re: [Subclipse-dev] New Improved SSH Support -- Beta Build Available!
From:       Mark Phippard <MarkP () softlanding ! com>
Date:       2005-09-16 21:00:32

"Magnus Naeslund(t)" <mag@fbab.net> wrote on 09/16/2005 04:45:44 PM:

> Mark Phippard wrote:
> > We have been working with Alex on providing better SSH support in
> > Subclipse (provided that you use the JavaSVN adapter).  I have a
"beta"
> [snip]
>
> These improvements, are they going to be lost when/if JavaSVN goes
> commercial? I kind of worried about this, since I've started to use
> JavaSVN on my amd64 Linux workstation since it's easier than compiling
> libjavahl. And with JavaSVN we can deploy same devel tools/plugins for
> all platforms we use (windows, maxosx and linux).

The improvements only apply when JavaSVN is the adapter.  They have not
changed their license yet so it is hard to say.  Technically, the MySQL
license would prohibit us from using JavaSVN, but MySQL has an exception
for all FOSS products.  If JavaSVN has the same exception, then I believe
we will be able to include it.  It is definitely something that will
require clarification when/if it happens.

Mark