List:       stunnel-users
Subject:    [stunnel-users] =?iso-8859-1?q?R=E9f=2E_=3A__Re=3A__Need_some_inf?=
From:       laurent.uk () bnpparibas ! com
Date:       2011-04-27 11:06:43

Message en plusieurs parties au format MIME

Message en plusieurs parties au format MIME
--=_alternative 003D0A95C125787F_Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Dear ludolf thanks you for your response.

So if i use verify = 3, the crl files is useless.

I went to the url http://crl.verisign.com , and there were a lot of files.

what are the files corresponding of the crl list please?

Thanks.

Regards,

Laurent UK

Internet
lholzheid@bihl-wiedemann.de
Envoyé par : stunnel-users-bounces@stunnel.org
27/04/2011 11:37

Pour
stunnel-users@stunnel.org
cc

Objet
Re: [stunnel-users] Need some informations about stunnel (AC,   crl files)

On Wed, 2011-04-27 10:47:42 +0200, laurent.uk@bnpparibas.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need some informations about stunnel.
>
> First, when the client's software use a certificate signed by a CA like
> veriSign. Did we need to  add the certificates of this CA? or it is not
> neccessary because it is a knowned CA.

If you are using verify=3, stunnel checks client certificates against
the set of certificates in CApath or CAfile, not against CAs and CRLs.

In order to have stunnel check the certificate chain of client
certificates, you'll have to use verify=2. For that, stunnel needs
access to the CA's root certificate and the intermediate certificates
(i.e. they have to be locally installed to CApath/CAfile).

> Secondally, i need to download and update the crl files, and also (if
it's
> possible) the certificates of knowed CA. How can i do that in my AIX's
> machine please?

This depends on the way the CA publishes its certificates and CRLs.
For VeriSign, my first idea is to use wget to download them from
http://crl.verisign.com. There may be better ways, though. And I don't
know AIX.

Ludolf

Do not print this message unless it is necessary,
consider the environment.

N'imprimez ce message que si necessaire,
pensez a l'environnement.

--=_alternative 003D0A95C125787F_Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

is useless.</font>
there were a lot of files.</font> <br>
the crl list please?</font>
Laurent UK<br>
face="sans-serif">27/04/2011 11:37</font> <td width=60%>
about stunnel (AC, &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;crl &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp;files)</font></table>
wrote:<br>
&gt; Hi all,<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I need some informations about stunnel. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; First, when the client's software use a certificate signed by a CA
like <br>
&gt; veriSign. Did we need to &nbsp;add the certificates of this CA? or
it is not <br>
&gt; neccessary because it is a knowned CA.<br>
If you are using verify=3, stunnel checks client certificates against<br>
the set of certificates in CApath or CAfile, not against CAs and CRLs.<br>
In order to have stunnel check the certificate chain of client<br>
certificates, you'll have to use verify=2. For that, stunnel needs<br>
access to the CA's root certificate and the intermediate certificates<br>
(i.e. they have to be locally installed to CApath/CAfile).<br>
&gt; Secondally, i need to download and update the crl files, and also
(if it's <br>
&gt; possible) the certificates of knowed CA. How can i do that in my AIX's
&gt; machine please?<br>
This depends on the way the CA publishes its certificates and CRLs.<br>
For VeriSign, my first idea is to use wget to download them from<br>
http://crl.verisign.com. There may be better ways, though. And I don't<br>
know AIX.<br>
Ludolf<br>
-- <br>
---------------------------------------------------------------<br>
Ludolf Holzheid &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Tel: &nbsp; &nbsp;+49
621 339960<br>
Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Fax: &nbsp; &nbsp;+49 621
3392239<br>
Floßwörthstraße 41 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;e-mail: \
lholzheid@bihl-wiedemann.de<br> D-68199 Mannheim, Germany<br>
</tt></font>
This message and any attachments (the "message") is<br>
intended solely for the addressees and is confidential. <br>
If you receive this message in error, please delete it and <br>
immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord with <br>
its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole <br>
or partial, is prohibited except formal approval. The internet<br>
can not guarantee the integrity of this message. <br>
BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not <br>
therefore be liable for the message if modified. <br>
Do not print this message unless it is necessary,<br>
consider the environment.<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; \
---------------------------------------------<br> <br>
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le <br>
"message") sont etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses <br>
destinataires et sont confidentiels. Si vous recevez ce <br>
message par erreur, merci de le detruire et d'en avertir <br>
immediatement l'expediteur. Toute utilisation de ce <br>
message non conforme a sa destination, toute diffusion <br>
ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf <br>
autorisation expresse. L'internet ne permettant pas <br>
d'assurer l'integrite de ce message, BNP PARIBAS (et ses<br>
filiales) decline(nt) toute responsabilite au titre de ce <br>
message, dans l'hypothese ou il aurait ete modifie.<br>
N'imprimez ce message que si necessaire,<br>
pensez a l'environnement.</font>
--=_alternative 003D0A95C125787F_=--