List:       stunnel-users
Subject:    Re: OpenSSL 0.9.6e
From:       "Kristofer T. Karas" <ktk () enterprise ! bidmc ! harvard ! edu>
Date:       2002-07-31 21:29:07

Michal notes,
> OpenSSL library is 43 months old, but OpenSSL 0.9.6 is 22 months old.
> As the result version 0.9.6 lasts for 22/43=51% of all the project age.
> It's quite a long time for the project and that's what I mean...  8-)

Ah, well, you got me there!  (I guess I was thinking of SSLeay too).

<Ducking>
I wonder how long a version 0.x package should be used in world-wide
production environments without even a minor patch level increment
before the version number should receive an honororary transmutation to
1.0?
</Ducking>

Kris