List:       stunnel-users
Subject:    Re: ftp or SSH? And mail question??
From:       Brian Hatch <bri () stunnel ! org>
Date:       2002-07-30 17:57:43

> Ok I am a newbie and I will try my best so here goes.
>
> I would like to get away from FTP due to the clear text passwords so I
> google and found
> http://www.i-tree.org/secixpro/index.htm for the client and
> http://www.bitvise.com/winsshd.html
> For the server.
>
> All good a well but I would like to use Stunnel on the server not
> winsshd is that possible?

You'd be better off using SSH with it's sftp/scp support.  I've
used WinSCP for example, which is a windows app that can send/receive
files in a pretty gui.

> Reason is I would like to also config stunnel to be used for
> SMTP/IMAP/POP3. Can Stunnel be used for all of this at once?

Yes, but you'd need to run 3 copies of stunnel.  And you might
have problems with SMTP creating an open relay through Stunnel.

--
Brian Hatch                  Reading whilst sunbathing
   Systems and                makes you well-red.

Every message PGP signed