List:       struts-user
Subject:    Re: LIKE with PrepareStatement
From:       "Jeff Trent" <jtrent () structsoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-31 20:05:51

Ted,

I am assuming your query uses bind variable and you already know that
offsets start with 1, and not 0.  So besides that, the way I would get
around this is by doing something like this:

    searchStr += "%" + searchStr + "%";

    String strSql = "select x from y where y.z like ?";
    ps.setString(1, searchStr);