List:       struts-user
Subject:    Embedding template's within other custom tags
From:       "Laine Donlan" <ldonlan () elogex ! com>
Date:       2000-12-28 17:15:19

I am attempting to build a template for creating easily customizable
tables using jsp templating.  Basically I have a result set that is
returned and am using the metadata to build the basic table structure
(headers, etc) and would like to iterate through the rows and call a
'row template' for each row to be displayed.

<logic:iterate id="row" name="somecollection">
	<template:get name="rowtemplate"/>
</logic:iterate>

However... because the tempalte:get tag calls a flush on the output
stream, I get an error <cannot flush from custom tag>.  Any thoughts on
how this could be accomplished would be appreciated.

Laine