List:       struts-user
Subject:    update action with struts
From:       Quaini Michele <michele.quaini () fastweb ! it>
Date:       2000-07-26 8:56:02

Hello to the list,

I have the following problem:

We just completed the insert action using the Struts framework
and we are now developing the update action.
Before updating records, we have to load into a form (anagrafica.jsp) what
is
in the database.

What is the ideal way to do it with struct?

We are thinking of a symbolic link that calls a jsp page
that set the parameter for the search
and the action in the anagrafica form

example:

link points to anagraficaload.jsp

anagraficaload.jsp:
----
anagraficaForm.setCustomerId();
anagraficaForm.setAction("Load");
?? call anagraficaform automatically ??
----

The action then will perform the Load action ,the
wrappers will populate the properties,
we will populate the properties back to anagraficaForm class and then we
will display
anagrafica.jsp

Questions: Is this the best way to do it?
           How can I call anagraficaForm automatically like I am doing a
submit??
           or should I call anagraficaAction.perform???

thanks

Michele