List:       struts-user
Subject:    Re: java.lang.InstantiationException:
From:       Sandy143 <sjavahelp () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-04-30 22:16:17

Let me be clear then ...

I am trying to migrate from struts1.2 to struts2.

I did all the required configuration. I could get the login page.

LoginActionForm is extending ValidatorActionForm. I defined an interceptor
for it in struts.xml. Validation is form based.

BUT when I enter username and password and click submit... it throws me this
error :

[Servlet Error]-[org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm]:
java.lang.InstantiationException: org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm
	at java.lang.Class.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.ObjectFactory.buildBean(ObjectFactory.java:123)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.ObjectFactory.buildBean(ObjectFactory.java:154)

I have the required jars.... Please let me know how I can take care about
the validations during migration.

Thanks,