List:       struts-user
Subject:    how to generate generic errors using Struts validation framework
From:       robin bajaj <robinbajaj () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-10-31 22:21:46

Hi Everyone,
I am using Struts 1.2 validation framework where I am using the
following elements to mention validation rules for specific action
properties.

<form name="navigatePatientForm">
          <field
            property="<actionform-property-name>"
            depends="required">
            <arg0 key="<property-label-name-from-resourcebundle>"/>
          </field>
But this only allows me to generate validation errors for specific
ActionForm property names.

I need to know how can I generate GLOBAL validation errors using the
validation.xml file. I know this can be done easily in ActionForm's java
code like:

errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR,new
ActionError("error.username.required")
);

Thanks for your help,
robin