List:       struts-user
Subject:    Must I use a nested??? several problems.
From:       "SIRAGHER, JOEL" <JOEL_SIRAGHER () appsig ! com>
Date:       2006-02-27 17:38:03

Must I use a nested?

I have an actionform  and it contains a bean called 'QueryResults'.
Inside the 'QueryResults' is an item called 'boolean checkbox'

class DisplayQuery extends ActionForm {

            QueryResults[] stuff;

}

class QueryResults {

            boolean checkbox = false;

            String colDat1 = "";

            String colDat1 = "";

}

I set it up as nested:iterate with nested writes for the column data.

It displays as checkbox, followed by 2 columns of data.

I have had several problems with this

1) The checkboxes always come to the mapped action as FALSE, and then I
trimmed down the code a bit and now the check boxes come back with the
correct value, but all of the other data comes back to the action as
NULL when I pull the form out of the header

public ActionForward execute( ActionMapping mapping, form,
HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) {

            DisplayQuery myform  = (DisplayQuery) form;

            QueryResults[] qr = myform.getQueryResults();

Do I need to use nested? Before when I was just using logic iterate
checkboxes were always coming back as false, but the line data was
there.

Can some body make some suggestions here. Im running out of hair to pull
out.