List:       struts-user
Subject:    Re: Handling config files
From:       gramani () intellicare ! com
Date:       2005-12-08 22:51:57

--=_alternative 007D98EB852570D1_=

Sebastian Stein <seb.stein@hpfsc.de> wrote on 12/08/2005 05:31:36 PM:

> gramani@intellicare.com <gramani@intellicare.com> [051208 23:27]:
> > String xpdlPropertiesFileName = "xpdl.properties"; //file should be in
the
> > class path..
>
> Sorry for the stupid question, but what are possible class paths in a
> webapp? I guess it is the WEB-INF/lib directory, but any other
directory?

I believe it is WEB-INF/classes that is the "default" class path for the
web app. Of course you could put the file anywhere and then write the path
to the file as a context-wide parameter in your web.xml. The reason I
didn't like this is I had to change it when we moved from dev to prod -
and I always ended up forgetting. I later changed my ant build file so my
prod war had the correct version, but finally I just preferred the simple
solution of putting it under WEB-INF/classes..:)

> Sebastian

Regards,
Geeta

--=_alternative 007D98EB852570D1_=--