List:       struts-user
Subject:    Re: Is there any Jsp template like Smarty template ?
From:       Dave Newton <newton () pingsite ! com>
Date:       2005-06-30 17:45:11

Zarar Siddiqi wrote:

> An old woodcutter once had to chop down a very large tree and all he
> owned was a hacksaw.  He was really really good at using this hacksaw
> since he had used it all his life.  Just as he was about to start
> cutting the tree another woodcutter who had just cut a similar tree
> walked by with a powerful chainsaw and said to him, "Use this to cut
> your tree, I cut a similar tree in five minutes", offering him his
> chainsaw.   The old woodcutter gave him a dirty look and brushed him
> off saying, "No thanks idiot, I'm a REAL woodcutter, I prefer the
> hacksaw even if it takes me a day"
>
> Which woodcutter is smarter?

Smarter? Impossible to tell from the story. Tool choice is rarely a good
indicator of relative intelligence.

That said, I'd say the hacksaw guy is smarter, because the hacksaw is a)
less damaging to the environment and the user, b) less obnoxious to the
denizens of the forest and those around, c) much better exercise for the
woodcutter, d) much safer for the user and those around, e) consumes far
less resources, f) requires less (and easier) maintenance.

But that was waaaay too easy.

You'll have to do far better than that.

Dave