List:       struts-user
Subject:    Base Context
From:       Andrew Thorell <drew.thorell () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-04-29 16:45:31

I'm not sure if this is a struts ... 'thing' or it's just for web
development in general, but perhaps someone can explain this for me.

My file structure is set up like this. My index.jsp is in the root
directory, all my other .jsps are located in the /pages/ directory.

A link off the index pages points to an action to collect some base
data first and that information is used on the following pages:
/pages/register1.jsp.

If you type in www.domainname.com/pagaes/register1.jsp, you of course
by-pass the collected data and it just displays null, it finds the
style sheets and everything located in: /pages/styles/mystyle.css.

However if you run it through the link off the index.jsp page, collect
the information, the info is dumped into the page like it should,
/pages/register1.jsp can't find the style sheets. The link in the page
is href="styles/mystyle.css"

anyone else having this problem, seen this problem or know of any
reason this might happen?

My appologies if this is not truely a struts issue.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the <html:base /> tag?

thanks in advance for your time.

Andrew