List:       struts-user
Subject:    Re: For Lucas Bern, getOutputStream already called for this response
From:       Lucas Bern <lucjb () yahoo ! com ! ar>
Date:       2005-04-29 14:28:23

thanks!
i excuse for having sent this mail this way, it was not mi intention.......
the problem is what you say, i can not change the content type for the same response, \
i have to implement a servlet... thanks again!
Lucas

Rick Reumann <struttin@reumann.net> wrote:

Lucas Bern wrote the following on 4/28/2005 12:44 PM:
> I am making a custom tag that reder a chart with jfrechart...
>
> This custom tag take a dataSet ( an object that store data for
generate the chart ), but, i have to set the content type to image, and
when i use the tag, and the jsp page goes on rendering the rest of the
page i get a

> java.lang.IllegalStateException: getOutputStream() has already been
called for this response

> i am not closeing the response, and i do not know what to do...
>
> any idea???

Lucas you posted this question by replying to the thread:
Re: Does struts really have to construct a new form bean every time?

Please do not hijack a thread when replying to an e-mail on a mailing
list (this includes also simply changing the subject and replying). Your
question has nothing to do with the original thread. When you have a new
question please post a brand new message.

In relation to your question, I'm not exactly sure where the problem is.
I'm guessing you are probably displaying html from the JSP and then
calling your tag, which by that point I'm pretty sure you can't change
the content type of the page. I'm not sure how jfreechart works but
can't it just return an image and you could simply use it as an image on
the page vs trying to change the content type of the page (assuming that
what's your trying to do?)

--
Rick