List:       struts-user
Subject:    RE: Struts/tiles: Run-time definition of which tile to include
From:       "David Friedman" <humble () ix ! netcom ! com>
Date:       2004-06-01 22:47:45

If it is only "logged in" versus "not logged in",
why not use this simple 2-step process:

1. Set the tiles:put, tiles:add, etc. in your tiles xml
file to be the "not logged in" page.

2. In your action, subclass the TilesAction
(class org.apache.struts.tiles.actions.TilesAction)
and, in it's execute() method, override the tile
component if you are logged in, kind of like below:

// Always refer to documentation
// don't just try quoting me

if ( request.getUserPrincipal != null ) {
	// override "someTilePart", which in your tiles xml
	// file points to the appropriate not-logged-in JSP
	// for content display

	context.putAttribute("someTilePart", new String("/somePage.jsp");

	// and whatever else you require done to the tile.
}

Regards,
David