List:       struts-user
Subject:    Validator, how to control when it gets triggered
From:       Swish <swishey911 () yahoo ! ca>
Date:       2002-12-31 1:45:38

Hi,

I have the following situation. A user clicks on a link that gets sent to an action.  \
This action retrieves info from db and fills in some info for the form bean and \
forwards to a jsp page.  This form bean uses the validator.  My problem is that the \
validator triggers before the request makes it to an action and the user sees the \
blank form, asking them to fill in the required fields.  Is there any way for me to \
fix this situation.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.  Thank you!