List:       struts-dev
Subject:    Re: Problem Issue Roadmap
From:       Martin Cooper <mfncooper () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-10-29 21:39:48

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:17:25 -0400, Ted Husted <husted@apache.org> wrote:
> I started a Problem Issue Roadmap to prepare for a 1.2.6 milestone, but now that \
> we've started to break the MailReader database out into a separate package, perhaps \
> we should forge ahead and look towards 1.3.0.
> Are we ready for the 1.3.0 plunge?

Yes and no. I'm definitely ready to launch into some of the changes
we've talked about for 1.3, and have been working on Commons IO and
Commons FileUpload with that goal in mind.

However, personally, I'd prefer to see us create a 1.2 branch at a GA
release of 1.2, rather than half way there, as we are now. So I'd like
to see us push out a 1.2.6 as soon as we're ready and we believe that
it'll go GA. Once it's GA, we branch and rock and roll. (Mainly, I
don't want us to have to make a bunch of fixes in the 1.3 trunk that
we also needed to get a 1.2.x to GA.)

--
Martin Cooper