List:       struts-dev
Subject:    RE: Struts-faces
From:       Ted Husted <husted () apache ! org>
Date:       2004-07-05 15:17:17

I imagine Craig has Struts-Faces compiling against 2.4 to make sure it stays in synch \
with Tomcat 5.

But, the question is whether we want to mandate that Struts-Faces can only compile \
against 2.3 (and not 2.4)? Or vice-versa. Or is there a way to write the class so it \
compiles under either?

I know this is a pain. We went through the same problem with DataSources between 2.2 \
and 2.3. I'm not sure what the issue here is, but for DataSources, the interface \
changed and we had to stub the new members so that they threw exceptions if called. \
Of course, the problem with that approach is it may obviate new functionality or rely \
on deprecated methods.

-Ted.