List:       struts-dev
Subject:    RE: TilesServlet deleted
From:       Ted Husted <husted () apache ! org>
Date:       2004-04-28 11:36:01

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:38:12 -0700, Martin Cooper wrote:
> That's fine as far as it goes, but since it's currently part of the
> Struts code base, I think the existing Struts committers should be
> allowed to express an opinion on whether or not they think it would
> be a good idea for some group of people to run off with part of
> that code base. Hopefully that group of people would care, at least
> to some degree, about how the Struts committers feel about that
> too. ;-)

Of course ... but it's also important to recognize that, under the Apache License, \
anyone can "run off" with the Tiles code anytime they like. They would have to call \
it something other than "Tiles", but everyone is welcome to make use of the code. :)

Feelings are important, but what is most important is who is willing to do the work. \
The best way we can express our feelings about Tiles is to continue to create or \
maintain the codebase ourselves, or encourage others to do so.

I do hope that anyone pursuing Tiles as a separate distribution would care most about \
how the Tiles community feels, which would include many Struts Committers (myself \
included). :)

-Ted.