List:       struts-dev
Subject:    RE: TilesServlet deleted
From:       Ted Husted <husted () apache ! org>
Date:       2004-04-27 17:35:54

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:10:53 -0700, Martin Cooper wrote:
> [...]

Craig once mentioned the idea of a Web Applications Commons, where we could share \
components like Tiles and Validator, and whatever might come up for JavaServer faces. \

Another likely suspect might be Velocity Tools. This component has utility outside of \
Velocity. I believe the Scriptable Actions reinvents VelTools to an extent.

Struts Velocity applications are also consumers of Tiles these days, as well as the \
Validator as well. It wouldn't take much to make these available to Velocity apps \
outside of Struts as well. Along with JSF apps, of course. :)

Bringing components like Chain, Resources, Tiles, Tools, and Validator together might \
create some synergy. These are all things that more than one web application \
framework  (or just plain application framework) might use.

It could be another project, or just a grouping within Commons, or even a Struts \
subproject, depending on who wanted to be involved and how they felt about it.

-Ted.