List:       struts-dev
Subject:    RE: TilesServlet deleted
From:       "Martin Cooper" <martinc () apache ! org>
Date:       2004-04-27 4:10:53

That was my initial reaction as well, so I went off to look at the Commons
charter, and discovered that it doesn't actually preclude components like
Tiles. Commons also doesn't currently have anything quite like Tiles,
though. It does have Jelly, which has (its own flavour of) tag libraries,
and Chain has a Struts app in there (which I'm not all that happy about,
because of the cross-dependency, but that's another thread).

> I would support moving it into
> its own Jakarta project (again) if it meant more developer support for it.

I think that probably makes more sense, and would support that too. I
thought of Taglibs, but then Tiles is about more than just tag libraries.

--
Martin Cooper