List:       struts-announce
Subject:    [ANN] Struts 1.2.1 (Beta) Released
From:       Ted Husted <husted () apache ! org>
Date:       2004-07-11 19:10:36

The Struts team announces the release of Struts 1.2.1, currently ranked at Beta \
quality.

This release removes many features deprecated in prior releases (Struts 1.1 and \
Struts 1.0.2) and also provides several new features. Fixes to known problems have \
been applied. More detail is available at

* http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/release-notes.html

The binary, source, and library distributions are available at

* http://cvs.apache.org/dist/struts/v1.2.1/

The library distribution contains only the requisite JARs, without the documentation \
or example applications.

We invite your comments on how well this release works with your own applications. \
Based on feedback from the Struts community, this release may be dubbed "ready for \
prime time" and promoted to "General Availabilty" quality.

Please note that Struts now uses "Tomcat-style" releases. If the feedback on this \
release were positive, Struts 1.2.1 may be promoted directly to "GA", without \
creating yet-another distribution. If a serious problem were found and fixed, then we \
will issue Struts 1.2.2 and try again.

####