List:       strongswan-users
Subject:    Re: [strongSwan] Trust Chain Configuration Support of Peer SEG
From:       Martin Willi <martin () strongswan ! org>
Date:       2014-10-17 11:30:27

Hi Sajal,

> Just wanted to check if my query below reached you.

Of course it did. But please be aware that this is a community mailing
list, and support is provided as the community members find time to do
so.

> Basically i just want to confirm if i can configure Strongswan stack in a
> way so that it is able to establish IKEv2 Tunnel with peer SGW, even if
> Strongswan stack is just aware of peers Root CA cert and not the entire
> trust chain.

IKEv2 supports the exchange of end-entity and intermediate CA
certificates. strongSwan as well supports that, and automatically
exchanges the certificates required by building trust-chains based on
certificate requests. There is no special configuration required; just
install your root CA accordingly.

Regards
Martin