List:       strongswan-users
Subject:    Re: [strongSwan] Client certificates on Android client with
From:       Martin Willi <martin () strongswan ! org>
Date:       2010-08-02 10:06:38

Hi Juraj,

> whether there is currently any way or future plans to allow key
> authentication instead of the username/password authentication?

In its current form, the configuration via the android plugin and the
front-end patch is limited to password authentication. We don't have any
fixed plans to extend it, but this doesn't mean that it won't happen.

> Particularly, I'd like to connect from android device using client
> certificates and micro SD card via SDIO as smartcard with signed key.

If your SDIO smartcard has a PKCS#11 driver, this shouldn't be too
difficult. Extended PKCS#11 support is in the pipeline and will be
merged for 4.4.2.
If not, attaching the smartcard is a little more work. I didn't find any
Application Specification for attaching smartcards via SDIO, though.

Although such a setup absolutely makes sense, it is a rather exotic. I
don't think we will do any work in this direction from ourselves. But we
provide commercial development services, if this is an option for you.

Best regards
Martin