List:       strongswan-users
Subject:    Re: [strongSwan] DSS, DSA and RSA
From:       Andreas Steffen <andreas.steffen () strongswan ! org>
Date:       2008-09-30 22:36:19

DSS is just an umbrella definition encompassing any kind of digital
signature based on public key cryptosystem. strongSwan's IKEv2
implementation currently supports RSA and ECDSA (via the openssl plugin)
and there are some hooks provided for DSA (which could also be
implemented using the openssl plugin).

Best regards

Andreas

tobias.gruber@uni-ulm.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in IKEv2 they write, that they use DSS and RSA.
> But DSS is the Digital Signature Standard witch defines DSA, RSA and ECDSA.
>
> So what do they mean with DSS? I think of DSA?
>
> Regards
> Tobias

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen@strongswan.org

CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)