List:       strongswan-users
Subject:    Re: [strongSwan] Authenticated Encryption Algoritms
From:       Andreas Steffen <andreas.steffen () strongswan ! org>
Date:       2008-09-30 4:35:59

Configuration of ESP Authenticated Encryption Algorithms requires a
Linux 2.6.26 kernel and a slight extension of the XFRM netlink
interface. In order to support AES-GCM and AES-CCM via IKEv1,
src/pluto/kernel_netlink.c would have to be modified accordingly.

Best regards

Andreas

tobias.gruber@uni-ulm.de wrote:
> hello,
>
> ESP supports Authenticated Encryption Algoritms.
> I saw that only IKEv2 for itself can use this Algo.
>
> But my question is, if I can use IKEv1 and in ESP using this new Algorithm?
> Or can I only use it when IKEv2 exchange is choosed?
>
> Regards
> Tobias

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen@strongswan.org

CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)