List:       strongswan-users
Subject:    Re: [strongSwan] StrongSwan with Linksys Endpoint Router
From:       Andreas Steffen <andreas.steffen () strongswan ! org>
Date:       2007-02-28 19:57:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

The VPN tunnel is handled between the linksys router and strongSwan.
The client is not involved at all in setting up the tunnel. If
the tunnel will automatically reconnect if the VPN connection gets
dropped depends on the Linksys VPN software. If the Linksys box
supports Dead Peer Detection you can configure

   dpdaction=restart

in ipsec.conf and strongSwan will automatically restart the tunnel
the prerequisite being that the IP address of the Linksys box is not
going to change.

Regards

Andreas

Josh Parkin wrote:
> I want to connect the clients of the network using a LinkSys Endpoint
> Router.

> This way, if the VPN connection is dropped the router should reconnect.
>
> I have an app on the client that will listen from notifications from the
> server once connected.  The client will have no VPN software installed,
> instead the tunnel will be maintained by the router.
>
> Is this possible with StrongSwan??
>
> Thanks

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen@strongswan.org
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)