List:       strongswan-users
Subject:    [strongSwan] supernetting disallowed on directly
From:       andreas.steffen () strongsec ! net (Andreas Steffen)
Date:       2005-03-29 21:49:43

Hi Scott,

I have a similar setup at home where

   eth1 160.85.106.0/29
   eth2 160.85.106.8/29

are local networks and I tunnel both subnets to a remote
location via the WAN interface eth0 with the single
definition

   leftsubnet=160.85.106.0/28

Regards

Andreas

Scott Mcdermott wrote:
> I am encountering an issue where Strongswan appears to be
> disallowing supernetting a tunnel to include two directly
> connected interfaces
>
> example:
>
> eth0 directly connected, network 10.20.8.0/22
> eth1 directly connected, network 10.20.12.0/22
>
> and I want to set up a single conn with leftsubnet as
> 10.20.8.0/21 so I only need one tunnel.
>
> but for this I cannot get it to work.  When I set up two
> separate tunnels instead with the longer prefix, it seems to
> work fine.
>
> Is there anything in Strongswan design that would disallow
> supernetting a directly connected interface?

Andreas Steffen                   e-mail: andreas.steffen@strongsec.com
strongSec GmbH                    home:   http://www.strongsec.com
Alter Z?richweg 20                phone:  +41 1 730 80 64
CH-8952 Schlieren (Switzerland)   fax:    +41 1 730 80 65