List:       strongswan-users
Subject:    [strongSwan] pkcs11 problem and solution
From:       andreas.steffen () strongsec ! net (Andreas Steffen)
Date:       2005-03-09 13:49:14

Hi Rolf,

thanks for valuable hint. It will be included in the next release
of the strongSwan installation howto. I have made the same experience
that a path entry is required in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable in order for pluto to start successfully.

Kind regards

Andreas

Rolf Offermanns wrote:
> Hi!
> While testing the new pkcs11 smartcard support I noticed the following (debian
> unstable):
>
> In libpkcs11.c C_LoadModule() is called with NULL as first parameter.
> This leads to a call to "scdl_open()" with "opensc-pkcs11.so" as name
> parameter (the default value).
>
> dlopen() will not find this library, even if its path is contained
> in /etc/ld.so.conf. (ldconfig -p finds the other libs in the lib/pkcs11
> directory, but not opensc-pkcs11.so, maybe because its name does not start
> with lib...).
>
> You have to add the lib/pkcs11 directory to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH env. variable
> in plutos environment to have dlopen() find the file.
>
> -Rolf

Andreas Steffen                   e-mail: andreas.steffen@strongsec.com
strongSec GmbH                    home:   http://www.strongsec.com
Alter Z?richweg 20                phone:  +41 1 730 80 64
CH-8952 Schlieren (Switzerland)   fax:    +41 1 730 80 65