List:       strongswan-users
Subject:    [strongSwan] need advice on this please
From:       payal-vpn () staticky ! com (Payal Rathod)
Date:       2004-05-07 14:03:07

Hi all,
Firstly, please forgive me for the question. Well, I have a client from
Europe who refuses to do business with us unless all communications
happen by VPN. He has a CISCO 2600 router for VPN at his end. My setup
is very simple. It is a small LAN of 15 computers with a Mandrake 9.1
box acting as the gateway. Our ISP connection terminates on that box.
Now all out designs are kept on windows machines. The client wants to
access the designs as well as share the designs which are with him. As
we are non-computer company we don't know much about VPN. I have managed
to setup the LAN myself with email, ftp , firewall and allied services.
Now the issues is the a company have approached up for doing the VPN
thing on a similar Cisco router, but they are charging a lot for the
same. Can it be done on Linux box by me? I know nothing about VPN, where
do I start? I downloaded a doc. from www.freeswan.org, but it was too
much for me. Can someone suggest basic reading for me? Also, can someone
suggest the VPN for the same? Is it very difficult to set it up?
Thanks a lot for the patience and I really need some moral support :)
and I promise to come with more specific question in future.

With warm regards,
-Payal

--
"Visit GNU/Linux Success Stories"