List:       strace
Subject:    Re: Using regular expression filter system call
From:       "Dmitry V. Levin" <ldv () altlinux ! org>
Date:       2017-04-14 17:37:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 08:31:53AM +0800, JingPiao Chen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 3:57 AM, Dmitry V. Levin <ldv@altlinux.org> wrote:
> >On Sat, Apr 08, 2017 at 10:16:52PM +0800, JingPiao Chen wrote:
> >> Recently, class %sched and %clock are added. Is it necessary to add
> >> regular expression to filter system call?
> >
> >Indeed.  Do we really need %sched and %clock if the same effect can be
> >achieved using ^sched and ^clock regexps?
>
> I think %sched and %clock should be remove.

As trace=%sched means essentially the same as trace=/sched, as well
as trace=%clock means essentially the same as trace=/clock, I removed
both %sched and %clock; sched.test and clock.test remain but changed
to use regex match.

trace=%statfs remains because the equivalent trace=/^(.*_)?statv?fs
is not as obvious as /sched and /clock.

--
ldv