List:       strace
Subject:    Re: GSOC 2016
From:       ayushIIITD <ayush12029 () iiitd ! ac ! in>
Date:       2016-03-13 18:54:58

Hi,
Thanks for the response.

No the tool is not published. This tool is a part of my research, and we just \
submitted our research to FSE 2016. We'll open source it once it gets published.

I can see strace currently supports 13 output formats.
Regarding GSOC 2016, I can see one of the projects "Refactor the output-related code \
to support JSON as an output format" still listed despite it being there for the past \
two years. I can see the reason for this not being a part of the main codebase, is \
because the patch was too big to be accepted.  I'd like to streamline this code and \
submit it in form of a number of smaller patches.  Given the patch, it makes it \
extremely easy to reverse engineer what he did and also understand the changes that \
need to be made.

I'd like to take this up for the upcoming GSOC.
Initially I think I can submit a small patch, just declaring the print functions for \
the json format, in the definitions header (def.h) file as a part of my proposal.

I'd like to know your thoughts on the same!

Thanks
Ayush Goel