List:       stampede-linux-user
Subject:    [Stampede] There are still problems with shadow in 0.90
From:       Wes Morriston <philo () sophia ! colorado ! edu>
Date:       2000-08-22 9:57:52

Hello all,

I tried compiling a 2.4.0-test4 kernel to run with stampede 0.90.  The
same old shadow problem (now fixed) occurred.  At login, you enter your
login name, get a password prompt, and then ...  Nothing doing.  It just
sits there.

My solution was to go back to the 0.89 shadow package and install that.
The problem disappeared.

So somehwere between 0.89 and 0.90, something weird got in.  I think
somebody needs to tinker some more with the new shadow package.

Wes