List:       stampede-linux-user
Subject:    [Fwd: kickstarting pre-0.90]
From:       Pietrzak <pietrzak () megahertz ! net>
Date:       1999-11-24 14:45:24

Yes, you are right...  DON'T try to cleanly install pre-0.90.  Last time
I tried (about a month ago), I couldn't get X running (as I remember
it).  Even so, some of you will try.  Here's a hint: for the installer
(use the newest one at /incoming/rootdisks on the FTP server), a file
called dir.nfo has to be present in each folder that you want to
install...  pre-0.90 hasn't have these files, but 0.89 did, so I simply
copied them and created some.  I also created a custom package.dirs
because I copied some directories to the pre-0.90 tree.  What I'm doing
now is simply hand-installing some of the SLP's....