List:       stampede-linux-user
Subject:    Re: Just joined..anyone around?
From:       John Carpenter <barak () ticon ! net>
Date:       1999-11-16 2:56:33

I use bare.ide as my boot disk
cksum 3151524850 1474560

Boot off of floppy and when its gets to LI, toggle the caps locks and num locks
keys.  What happens?  I have had this fix the problem before.

If this doesn't do anything try booting with a slackware boot disk and see if
it acts any different
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/linux/slackware-7.0/bootdsks.144/bare.i