List:       stampede-linux-user
Subject:    Re: Stampede on notebooks
From:       Wayne Vinson <darial () flatirons ! org>
Date:       1999-09-30 22:48:11

Ckeck out this web page for one person's story about this model, but yeah,
it works.

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/5735/1/Linux_on_fuji.html

He installed Slackware, not Stampede, but I've found that moust of the
problems that occur when installing on laptops are X-Windows and LINUX
kernel specific, not specific to the distribution.  This guy's info,
especially that for PCMCIA, is a bit outdated, but that project's now in
better shape than it was when he wrote the article.  Good luck!

Also, my understanding is that there is no functioning FTP install at this
time.  If the devel guys have a different story, I'd love to hear it ;)

I've put LINUX on about 20 various people's lapops now, and the universal
thing I've foun is that it take a lot longer than a dektop instalation.
Take that for whatever it's worth...

Wayne Vinson
darial@lorien.ml.org